Yawn... Now where's my lippy?




Do you feel that your breast feeding journey is NEVER going to come to an end?

Does your little one STILL wake regularly at night time?

Do you wonder how on EARTH you're going to get to work, let alone actually do your job?

Hi!  All of the above for me please!  Jims is over a year old now, and still he wakes (like, all the time)for boob in the nights!  Sometimes it is about 5 or 6 times.  In our house, two wakes is classed as an AMAZING night!!

I went through a period of feeling so negative and down about the severe broken sleep cycle, that the negative energy around me was zapping me more than the mental nights!  It certainly is no joke when you're expected to function, work effectively and nod in the right places actually hold conversations! 

One day I thought right, enough is enough...! 
The photo in today's blog is of a poem that a lovely friend gave to me in a card when Jimmy was born.  I still think of it a lot (especially when feeding at night) and I remember that these sleepless nights won't last forever, because he won't be little forever.  Just writing that, has brought a little tear to my eye... Or am I just THAT tired!?

We can't control what type of night lies ahead for us, nor can we force them to sleep for longer stretches.  However, WE CAN control how we deal with the situation and still be POSITIVE for the day ahead. 

Think of Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop" If you wake up and don't want to smile, If it takes just a little while, Open your eyes and look at the day... YOU'LL SEE THINGS IN A DIFFERENT WAY...

So here are some top tips I swear by to take the edge off the day after THAT night...!

  • Drink water & fresh lemon juice first thing - the zest of the lemon juice really puts a spring in my step and I can feel it gently waking up my tired organs!  It also balances your acidic levels after the night before.
  • SHOWER - never underestimate how lush a hot morning shower can make the world a whole better place
  • Something nice - I actually got excited the other morning to put on lipstick for work that I haven't worn in ages!  It instantly brightened up my tired face and made me feel awake.  You could even wear your favourite top, jeans or whatever makes you FEEL GREAT about yourself!
  • Smile - After all... sometimes we've gotta fake it to make it!
These difficult times will pass... Let's do this!


 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments:

  1. Love the pic💕
    Great blog, totally get you, as I'm sure so many women will...
    Eldest son is 10 next week, asking to 'go to the village' on his own yet I can remember him being a precious newborn like it was yesterday. Middle son is 7 and needs so much reassurance about him being 'good enough', which I can't help blaming myself for, not being properly there enough for him with work/life taking over. Can't believe the youngest is coming up 2 already & although I promised myself I wouldn't miss a second of those precious early years this time, I still find myself swept up with the stress of work, cleaning, cooking and trying to look half decent!
    I haven't slept properly for 10 years but I wouldn't change those nights for a second as it's the only time I remember having real Mum & son time.
    I see my husband for an average of 3 hours a week. (Although that's not always a bad thing!) We've never had a family holiday. My social life is the gym time squeezed in between after school clubs.
    All the above definitely makes a woman feel 'practically imperfect' in every way! (Yet we are a bizarrely happy family, honestly!)

    Love the lippy tip💋
    Will try to make myself remember the lemon drink amongst the manic mornings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Shughes&sons! You are really doing a fabulous job and you are the queen of successful juggling!!
      Thank you for sharing with us xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this, will definitely try to remind myself of these when it all feels too much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find doing three deep breaths works sometimes. Thank you Joanna xxx

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig